The concept behind our virtual shop hop is exactly the same as taking a fabric shopping trip by car. On our "virtual" shop hop, however, you'll leave the car in the garage and can even shop in your jammies! You will have a month to get around to over 100 of the sites to find the "YouFoundIt Bunnys" to qualify to win prizes. There are 11 hops scheduled for 2013. Happy Hopping!
Touring The Shops
Begin with the List of Shops
Find the "YouFoundIt" bunny
Bunny Find - Register for Prizes
- To join the hop, go to the FabShop Hop website to register.
- Once you are on the Registration page, scroll down to the registration form.
- Fill out the form completely, select an option from the drop-down menu, and choose any of the options to receive mailings.
- When you are finished with the registration information, select the Register button.
- After you have selected the Register button, you will receive a confirmation email.
Note: Once you have submitted your registration and participated in one FabShop Hop, you will not need to register again for future FabShop Hops.
By visiting the sites during the Hop month, you'll have an opportunity to explore your "soon to be favorite" fabric/quilt shops and design studios as you qualify for random prize drawings.
- To begin, Select the FabShop Hops tab from the top menu, then select the List of Shops from the dropdown menu.
- On the List of Shops page, you will find a list of all the sites participating in this month's FabShop Hop. Scroll down to the list. Select the the first letter of your last name to jump to your starting point.
- Once you've selected the link to the first letter of your last name, select the first shop link.
- Watch for the colored balloons next to shop names. This means that shop is offering
a special that week for FabShop Hoppers.
- Check back each week and look for other colored balloons indicating a new shop special for that week.
|Week One||Week Three|
|Week Two||Week Three|
Participating websites will display the Bunny logo for the current Hop on their home page. Each Hop will have a different color background along with the dates of the Hop. You can find a list of this year's planned Hops on the When To Hop page under the FabShop Hops tab. You can view the current Hop's Bunny logo and YouFoundIt bunny on FabShop Hop's home page.
- After selecting the first link at your starting point of the List of Shops, you will be directed to the participating website.
- Look for the Bunny Logo.
- Many participating shops will leave a hint as to where to find the hidden "YouFoundIt" bunny.
- Begin looking through the website to find the "YouFoundIt" bunny.
- Once you find the "YouFoundIt" bunny, click on it. This will take you to the Prize Verification page.
On the Prize Verification page, you will find instructions for registering the "YouFoundIt" bunny that brought you to this page. This is how you become eligible for random prize drawings and how we know you visited this website today.
- Enter the email address you used to register to participate in the hop. Select the Register for Prizes button. This sends a message to our database that you registered for prizes and in what website.
- If you like the shop you just visited and want to bookmark it to come back to later, scroll down to the "My Favorite Shops" section, check the box, add a reminder to yourself, and go back up to the Register for Prizes button and click again.
- You will receive an email confirmation that you found the bunny and the name of the shop.
- After you find the 'YouFoundIt' bunny, and register the bunny, return to the List of Shops page and work your way down the list from your starting point. (See "Begin with the List of Shops")
- The Member Area features enable you to view your registration, edit and update your registration, update your e-mail address, change your password, view shops where you have successfully located the 'youfoundit' bunny, and keep track of your favorite shops.
- Select the Member Area tab from the
- Enter the User Name and Password that you chose while registering.
- Select the Sign In button.
- Select the Member Area tab from the
- You will be taken to the Member Area where you can choose from several links to manage your hopping experience.
Update your registration information.
Update your password.
Shows a list of the shops you have visited
Shows a complete list of shops you have not yet visited, links to the shops, and ability to add them to your list of Favorite Shops.
as one of your favorite shops, allows you to edit your comments, and delete shops from your list.
(Sampler Hop months only) This area shows a list of the items you have found during your hopping in addition to items supplied by FabShop Hop. The items will only be available a month following the end of the sampler Hops. After the following month, these items will no longer be available though FabShop. However, they will available for purchase at participating shops.
- Sampler Correction Log
This is a PDF document that is actively updated if/as errors are found. Any patterns logged, should be redownloaded from your member area. Only those patterns you have collected will be available for re-downloading.The items will only be available a month following the end of the sampler Hops.
- Bonus Blocks
The bonus blocks circulate through the "Prize Verification Confirmation Page." This page appears after you have successfully registered for prizes on the "Prize Verification Page."
When you find a bonus block, click on the block to download a PDF of that block and assembly instructions. Also, check your list of visited shops in your member area to re-download block pdfs you have missed downloading.
Remember that the bonus blocks are moving around all the time, so you may need to check the shops more than once to find them all—a great reason to revisit your favorite shops! The bonus blocks will only be available a month following the end of the sampler Hops and only those bonus blocks you found.
- Sampler Assembly Directions
The Assembly Directions will only be available in your member area for a month following the sampler Hop. The directions will only be available a month following the end of that sampler Hop.
- Shopping List
The list includes fabric requirements for the featured sampler, along with a fabric key, and a chart of each blocks scrappy requiremnts.
The shopping list is a downloadable PDF file.It is for the current FabShop Hop project. The list will only be available a month following the end of that sampler Hop.
( Ways to Win Hop months only) As you are touring the shops, bonus bunnies will be be showing up randomly from shop to shop.
When you register for prizes, the prize verification page will let you know if you've found a bonus bunny. Find 10 bonus bunnies to be entered into an additional random prize drawing!
You can search for bonus bunnies even if you have already found youfoundit bunnies for this hop – just visit the shops again. You can find bonus bunnies all month long!
In the event that you do not find all the blocks, you can find a shop that carries the pattern at FabShopHop.com in the in the Sampler Blocks menu.